About Me

My photo
This is me,a wife, Mum, stylist to my star like clients and whatever else I can have a go at. Living in Nova Scotia as a British ex-pat has it challenges and rewards so this is an account of my ecclectic magpie soup.

Sunday, May 29, 2011

"Just For the Record"

Another challenge,another blog.I was going to spend my day organizing some things for our upcoming move but felt drawn to my sanctuary(craft room).I decided to try another challenge this one being from Echo Park papers.I can do a layout or perhaps a card?Nope, I decided to do a canvas.I bought a 6x6 pad of papers called "Just for the Record" and it is packed with gorgeous vintage style prints but I found the colour scheme more bold than the usual faded vintage.This reminded me of old English apron fabric and embroided hankies. I prepared my canvas with 2 prints one was a old newspaper print the other was like an old fashioned catalogue page.Lots of Mod Podge later and top coated I decided on a bird house with banners looking like an old laundry line.
I even used some patterned papers to make do for flowers along the bottom edge of the picture.Her is a closer look
When all is said and done I enjoy any of the crafts I do and try to find the right project for the right paper.This pad of 24 6x6 papers from Echo Park was screaming birdhouse treatment.(smile) I will however be doing another one but use if for a "she-art" canvas to come in the near future.I wait for inspiration.Happy scrappingerm I mean paper crafting peeps.

No comments:

Post a Comment