About Me

My photo
This is me,a wife, Mum, stylist to my star like clients and whatever else I can have a go at. Living in Nova Scotia as a British ex-pat has it challenges and rewards so this is an account of my ecclectic magpie soup.

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

....and found it Tuesday.



Yesterday it was a no go for my scrapbooking so I thought I would paint. I wanted to try a different layout for the same phot and do something different. I had art supplies at the ready for this first one and used Plaid Antique finish decoupage.It gives it a slightly weathered,aged look without going to brown.and mixed it in with MM Paint,Marine.The ribbon I have had for years and always loved it,I just didnt have the project to use it.


Then I thought I would try a layout with no colour. This is difficult for me to do because I love colour, ribbon, pattern papers and lots of embellishments.I wanted a layout with just black and white and the emphasis on the subject(who,by the way,is my niece Morgan)I needed it not to be boring so I used texture instead of "fluff". I am very happy with the result of this page. I love the layout,I love the photograph and I love the subject.

here are a few close ups of the details

and a few more...

1 comment:

  1. absolutely you can join in! we'll be doing another ATC. For the personal ATC's (I couldn't find one on your blog here but if you have one, please relink directly to that post & not just your blog, let me know if you need help with that) you have until Jan. 15 at noon Central Time to get that done. Have you joined Crop Chocoalte? If so, send me your CC name! I'm running ATC's over there right now & we'll do more later :-) I look forward to you joining us!

    ReplyDelete