About Me

My photo
This is me,a wife, Mum, stylist to my star like clients and whatever else I can have a go at. Living in Nova Scotia as a British ex-pat has it challenges and rewards so this is an account of my ecclectic magpie soup.

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Quillow Experience.Part 2

Materials:
2 yards top
2 yards bottom
18" square for 1 side of pillow
18" square for 2nd side.
Crib size batting.
I did have to make it a little smaller because the crib batting I bought was smaller than the fabric I had bought so I just cut it to size and was left with a few nice fabric scraps.
Place top and bottom right sides together. Put batting on top. Sew along all four edges, leaving a 6-8" opening. Turn. Sew opening closed. Pinbaste. Topstitch along edges (a walking foot really helps for this). Quilt or tie as desired.
The pillow-pocket Place squares right sides together. Put batting on top. Sew on all edges, leaving a 6" opening. Turn. Sew opening closed. Pinbaste. Topstitch along edges. Quilt or tie.
The next part is to find the centre of the quilt with the pillow flap. I measured it in 1/3rds.
Sew the pocket to the quilt.Remember if you are using a patterned fabric to show as the pillow face,pin this right side down.
Now this is a tricky part, when you have finished fold into a pillow,it takes a little work at first but after time will get easier. Fold 1/3 and 3/3 into centre, then fold bottom edge up to pillow case and tuck.

No comments:

Post a Comment